Video constitutes over a third of all Internet content nowadays. As per Socialbakers, posts containing video reach up to 135% more people than standard posts with text and images. A new means of advertising is entering play, though. Let’s take a closer look at it.
Out of all marketing specialists and small businesses that have used video, 74% have confirmed this instrument’s efficiency (as per GBKSOFT). Cisco predicts that by the end of 2019, 80% of overall Internet traffic will be represented by video.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau has revealed that the amount of money spent on digital advertising (USD 72.5 billion) has just exceeded television expenses (USD 71.3 billion) for the first time. With that said, the share of expenses on video content is growing exponentially.
While pre-made videos are currently in the limelight, their popularity is likely to be surpassed by another hot trend: live video streaming. This is what a representative of GBKSOFT, a web- and mobile app developer company, has to say about this trend:
“Needless to say that live streaming is a new big bet for the advertising industry. In fact, for those companies thinking about live streaming app development, 2017 may be the right moment to take advantage of the fundamental changes in online advertising”.
Statistical benefits of using the live video streaming channel
(according to GBKSOFT):
– 45% of the live streaming audience is ready to pay for live content;
– 56% of the users watch live streams to get the latest news;
– 70% of the audience is ready to pay for concert or event attendance after watching it live;
– Over 75% of the users already watch live video streams on Facebook;
– The live Facebook stream of Game of Thrones has garnered 3.5 million views along with almost 200 000 comments.
According to analytics, this sector has an even greater marketing potential than pre-produced videos.
Things to account for:
If you are determined to develop a live streaming app, the end user should be considered first and foremost. Will your app connect just two users, or will it broadcast worldwide?
User-to-user examples: Skype, Viber.
User-to-audience examples: Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Periscope.
Internet video streaming platforms:
– Facebook Live;
– YouTube Connect;
– Periscope Twitter;
– Livestream (paid) – a platform mostly used for holding conferences and providing live event coverage.
Live video streaming apps:
– Snapchat Live Stories;
– Streamup – this one has a partnership option for channel monetization;
– Hang w / – 1 million viewers and 3 million video streams from celebrities and famous artists;
– Stringwire – live streams of adventures and extreme sports;
– Houseparty – a simple group video chat app for synchronized live streaming;
– Ustream (paid) – conducts about 2 million live streams per month, hosts NASA TV streams.
It is obvious that using video content (either pre-made or live) boosts the efficiency of marketing campaigns. This is proved by the data from large marketing and advertising companies, as well as by analytics from web- and mobile app developers. In order to build up brand loyalty, it is essential to find common ground with the target audience; following the latest digital trends can help with that.